Friday, April 16, 2010

Rumors

A rumor was making the rounds of Facebook yesterday that President Obama (who according to many wingnuts actually handed Eve the apple in the Garden) had cancelled the National Day of Prayer, which happens each May.  I must have seen it posted at least 5 times on Marilyn's feed.  It is not true (a judge ruled the day unconstitutional; an appeal is expected), but that is really beside the point.  How can anyone, even the President, cancel a day of prayer?  It's kind of like all of the fuss about prayer in schools over the years.  If I, or my child, want to pray at school, who can stop me?  I used to have a button on the the bulletin board in my office that read, "As long as there are exams, there will be prayer in schools."  Sounds about right to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!