Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Grace Spot

In my 28 years as a youth pastor I remember countless times when I wished I knew someone who was totally disconnected from my church whom I could talk to about the issues and challenges of ministry.  Someone who could listen without prejudice.  Someone whom I could really vent to- maybe even yell at a bit.  Someone who would pray for me, my ministry, my family, my programs and my events on a daily basis.  Someone who could offer me encouragement when I was faced with tough times and difficult decisions.  I far too often didn't have that person in my life.  And that's not a good thing...

God has laid it on my heart to make myself available to be that person in the lives of some of the "friends in faith" I have been making on Twitter.  If my experience and encouragement can be of a support to you, then please feel free to call on me.  If there are things that I can pray about on your behalf, just let me know. I want to be here to serve you in the name of Jesus.  There will be no condemnation or judgement.  This is The Grace Spot- a place where all are welcome to come for mercy, love and forgiveness.  Feel free to e-mail me, Carl Jones, at Youthguy07@aol.com or to contact me through Twitter.  I look forward to enabling you to serve God more effectively by being an Encouragement Agent for your soul.  God bless!

2 comments:

  1. @mizweatherbyFebruary 04, 2011

    I appreciate your heart. We know exactly what you are talking about. I grew up in a preacher's family and am now married to a pastor. It sometimes seems like a lonely life. I will share your your post with my husband and know that we offer the same to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think growing up in a preacher's family and being a pastor's wife are two very difficult things to do. I will be praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!